Twelve Step Recovery Workshop
Twelve Step Recovery Workshop P.O. Box 26145 Baltimore, MD 21210 410-880-2439
10th Step Guidelines
It's a good idea to start with a prayer. For example:
"God, please help me review my day. Please grant me the willingness to see what you would have me see, in the light you would have me see it: free from morbid reflection, fear, obsessive guilt, and dishonesty."
The following guide is drawn verbatim from Alcoholics Anonymous (pp. 84-86):
1. Was I resentful?
5. Do I owe an apology?
6. Have I kept something to myself which should be discussed with another person at once?
7. Was I kind and loving toward all?
8. What could I have done better?
9.Was I thinking of myself most of the time?
10. Or was I thinking of what I could do for others, what I could pack into the mainstream of life?
11. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken.
At all times we continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up we:
1. Ask God at once to remove them.
2. We discuss them with someone immediately.
3. And make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone.
4. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help.